Sunday School — For children age 5 to 5th Grade.
Sunday School is offered during 10:15 a.m. worship each Sunday morning.
Children begin and end in worship with their families, with Sunday School taking place during the sermon. Curriculum for Sunday School follows the
lectionary texts used in worship. Our use of common scripture texts is intentional, inviting follow-up conversations between worshippers of all ages.
Vacation Bible School — VBS at Emmanuel Lutheran is held in July this year, staffed by volunteer adult and youth members
from our congregation. VBS 2019 will take place at Emmanuel from July 8-12.
5:30 p.m. Kid friendly meal for parent/child
6:00-8:00 p.m. VBS Activities
For more information and online registration, click here.
Confirmation Program — Youth at Emmanuel are invited to participate in our two-year Confirmation program, held on Wednesday evenings
throughout the school year. Students in 6th Grade and higher are welcome to begin Confirmation classes in August of each year. Each Confirmand is connected
to an adult Mentor for the tenure of their two-year experience.
Retreats — Confirmation students attend an annual retreat each spring as part of their two-year Confirmation journey.
In-Home Family Small Groups
— Your entire family is invited to attend weekly small group gatherings throughout the school year!
Family groups at Emmanuel meet in homes and share a meal and a time of teaching/discussion each week. All ages are invited to participate, and all variations of family
are welcome in these relationship-based groups. Singles, families with children, empty-nesters... No matter what your family looks like, when you're here, you are OUR family!
— Emmanuel celebrates our families' Milestones, including:
- Baptism - Handcrafted faith chests are given to newly baptized members as a sign of our commitment to your faith journey! Baptism
at Emmanuel is a family event, beginning with an in-home Splash Class for the whole family. The Sacrament of Baptism takes place during worship,
where our faith family surrounds and supports our newest brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Communion Classes - Family-friendly communion classes are scheduled on request for those whose children have not yet taken their first
communion, as well as for those whose children already participate in this Sacrament.
- Confirmation - Upon completion of the two-year Confirmation program, Emmanuel celebrates the Rite of Confirmation as a family each May.
See Youth Faith Formation for more information.
- Graduation - Wrapped in our prayers and a handmade Prayer Shawl, Emmanuel's High School graduates are celebrated each May.
— Amazing things happen when People Rally Around Youth!
The P.R.A.Y. Initiative at Emmanuel Lutheran Church
enlists the commitment of adult P.R.A.Y. Mentors in the lives of all Emmanuel children and youth, ages birth through 19. By connecting one child with a specific adult
for the calendar year, Emmanuel effectively surrounds its young people in prayer for their healthy growth in Christ all year long!
Children and youth are invited to join the Initiative at any time throughout the year. Contact
the church office for details. Adult P.R.A.Y. Mentors are always being welcomed into the Initiative! Click here for links to help as you pray for the children:
Bible Studies and Small Groups
— More than a dozen Small Groups and Bible Studies are held in the Emmanuel community each week during the
school year. Several groups continue to meet throughout the summer months as well.
- Small Groups are relationship-based gatherings, where the needs of group members and the connection between participants is as great
a focus as the book or text being studied.
- Bible Studies use the Bible as the primary text for gatherings, with an emphasis on teaching/understanding God's Word.
A variety of group types and locations are available, in order to provide for the Faith Formation needs of all members.
Click here for more information.
- Women - an annual retreat is held in the Prescott area for women each February. Mini-retreats are held throughout the year to encourage women
of all ages and stages of life.
- Youth - Confirmation students attend an annual retreat each spring as part of their two-year Confirmation journey.
Additional retreats are being planned for the coming year! If you are interested in attending a men's retreat or a mother-daughter retreat, please contact the church office.